And Another Thing...
I was reflecting on my previous post when I was reminded of another situation that happened earlier this year.
Two students got into a shoving match in PE. When instances like this occur, both parties are given a Behavior Reflection Sheet. They fill out this paper stating good things that happened during the day, mistakes they may have made, and how they will learn from their errors. Both students filled out their sheets stating that they indeed shoved the other student, I signed them, the paper went home to be signed.
The following day both papers were returned. One had a comment from the father. It said, "[My child] shoved the other student because he had flipped him off." As if that is justification for shoving someone? What are we teaching these kids?
Father of the Year.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home