Texting
This week I had a parent email me a question. Now this is an everyday occurrence for the most part, but the weird part was...they asked me to respond via text message. Has it come to this? I know the kids are texting. I've busted them for it several times. But parents? Seriously. What's wrong with a simple email or let's go back a few years and (gasp!) try a phone call?
Then, to make matters worse, I responded via email saying that no, I would not be texting. Then I received an email from a different parent saying that the original parent had called them and asked them to email me to say that they would not be able to receive my text because they had left their phone at home. Hello?! Needless to say the entire conversation was completely convoluted and wack-a-doo and pretty much pointless if you ask me.
I already feel removed from the parents by only communicating with them via email. If we move to texting I'll be forced to use phrases like "LOL" and "OMG" and "WTF". Whoops, maybe not the last one. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home