Friday, November 20, 2009

A Full Sun

There's been a phenomenon the past two days: a full sun. This is like a full moon, rare as of late and affects the children in much the same way. They've gone completely wack-a-doo and I've become more of a babysitter than a teacher.

Today we were reading our bi-monthly current events magazine. This issue had an article about a trip to Mars. The kids were in a fit of giggles because of the word "Uranus." Really?

Then there was an article on single-sex classes. One student says under his breath, "I wish I was in a single-sex class," to which another student replies, "That's what she said." To this I reply, "Nice guys, nice." This of course sets them into hysterics because they seem to forget that I hear and see everything. I mean EVERYTHING. Then of course I have to turn away because, let's be honest, it really was funny but I can't let them know that.

From then on the rest of the afternoon was shot and every student that I asked to read was unable to for the laughter that ensued.

See what I'm working with? 12-year-olds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home