6th Grade Philosophy
Today we did a getting to know you scavenger hunt. For this, students have to visit with their classmates and try to get signatures in each of the boxes on the paper. The boxes contain things like, "has an unusual pet" or "has the same middle initial as you" and "wears braces." It's a fun ice breaker activity that I do every year.
I allowed the students to also sign in one of their own boxes, but told them to try and find at least two students per box and that I would also sign.
I told the students there may be a box that no one in the class can sign for you. For example, one of the boxes says "is taller than you." I told my students how, two years ago when I taught 4th grade, one of my students was taller than me (usually I can at least sign in this box for them). In that situation, he was just out of luck for that box.
At this time, a student piped up and said, "Well technically he could have signed his own box because aren't you taller than yourself?"
I had no idea how to respond to this so I simply said, "That sounds like a very deep question." And moved on.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home