Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Get with it, Glade!

So the other day my cat started acting like a caged animal.  Being that he is one, this is understandable.  However, this was worse than normal.  We had gotten kicked out of the house for bug bombing so we took an unexpected field trip to my parents' house.  Mind you they have a litter of cats.  My poor cats weren't liking this.  

I left them shut in one room, not allowing them to wander throughout the house but, lesson learned, just leave them in the carrier next time.  When it was time to leave, my oldest acted as I've never seen him.  Arms swinging, teeth baring...I had to wear oven mitts and even that didn't protect me enough.

Earlier that week he'd been marking his territory in the downstairs bathroom so I decided (with all this terrible behavior) it was time to revert to the good ole Feliway.  Those of you non-cat ladies may not know that Feliway is a product that you plug into the wall, much like a Glade plug-in, and it calms cats in "stressful environments."  My house is not a stressful environment but anything I can do, right?

So I want to know why Glade doesn't have a product like this for classrooms.  We could plug it in and all the while we were learning and/or teaching, happy pheromones were being emitted without us even knowing.  Everyone's calmer, better behaved.  Happy teacher, happy life.  Right?  

The pet store also sells something called calming collars which does the same type of thing only it's...a collar.  I'm open to this idea as well:  "Honey, got your backpack?  Wearing your calming collar?"  I can just picture it.  Or we can keep 'em at school.  Whatever.  I'm just saying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home