Wednesday, July 7, 2010

No Shirt, No Shoes, No Tutoring

Today I was tutoring a set of incoming 3rd graders. My friend that I teach with tutors with me and while the student I was working with was doing some independent work, I happened to drop something. While I was under the table retrieving my pencil or whatever, I noticed that said student was wearing some very large shoes.

Now these shoes weren't like size 15 or anything, but maybe a 9, waaaayyy too big for an 8-year-old. She then asked me a question about her worksheet so I didn't have time to question this oddity further and off we went on our tutoring session.

At the conclusion of the session, the tutorees were getting ready to go and I said to my teacher friend, "Aren't those shoes awfully big?" to which she replied, "yeah...and her mom came in not wearing any. Just socks."

Mind you we tutor in a public library. This means her mother had to have parked the car, walked her to the back of the library, sans shoes. Ummm....

As we walked Bigfoot out to the parking lot we questioned her about the shoe situation. She told us that she "doesn't like wearing shoes" and apparently got into the car without them. Therefore her mother gave up her own shoes to the child and went on her merry way...hopefully home but with this one, who knows? Maybe some grocery shopping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home