Tuesday, April 20, 2010

6th Grade as of Late

The year is winding down, and the 6th graders have lost their darn minds. Here are just some of the issues we, the teachers of the hooligans, have had to deal with lately:

  • Shorty shorts: You know, the ones where you have to do the finger test to make sure they pass the dress code. Trust me, they don't. When you're getting a cheek peak, no finger test is needed.
  • "The South Butt" apparel: A clever parody of The North Face but yet not so appropriate for school attire, especially when the font is size 1,000,000.
  • Children on the roof: Granted this was after school hours, but it was a teacher who busted them when she was working late one day.
  • Fist fights: Again, after school hours but at a school function. The reason? Someone lost a hula hoop contest. (They are still kids after all.)
  • Love notes: We all did it when we were younger, but were we 12? I had to call parents on this one as the love was unreturned and the one doing the love noting was...persistent.
  • General inappropriate behavior: Children looking up women with tattoos on the Internet, being disrespectful, throwing food, the list goes on.
I guess I knew some of this would be a problem when I accepted the transfer to 6th grade but really. Is it May yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home