Kindergarten Buddies
Every Friday we spend 45 minutes with our kindergarten buddies. Every Friday I leave their classroom thinking, "How in the world does she do that all day?" Referring of course to their blessed teacher. There are definitely people who can only teach kindergarten, and I'm told the very same thing about 6th grade.
This past Friday we were making windsocks out of streamers, construction paper, and string. Their teacher always goes through exhaustive instructions so that if the kindergartner had to do it alone, they could. My 6th graders are great assistants and can usually take it from there.
After instructions it usually becomes quite chaotic. Students are talking and rushing from place to place. Their teacher and I are darting about helping the helpless and redirecting.
Toward the end of our time together, a kindergarten student, thank god not one of mine, rushed up to me. He asked, "Where's the string?" Now mind you, we very carefully showed where all the supplies were at the beginning, but I digress.
I pointed to the front of the room and said, "It's behind that student." He ran to the front, lifted up a yellow lunch box and said, "Is this string?"
No.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home