Today's Excuses
My students always offer a variety of excuses as to why they did not complete their homework. I have no interest in whatever sordid reason they have to offer so as I'm checking to see if their work is completed and they are offering up so long and involved tale of woe, I usually just keep on moving to the next student. This doesn't stop them from talking, however, and I always get to hear their story anyway, though they think otherwise. Hear are a few gems from today:
- I couldn't type my story. I have a Mac. (Uh huh)
- My brother took my math out of my backpack. (Ah, yes. Again the 3rd grader is stealing your homework. This one gets used multiple times a week by the same student)
- I didn't realize I had to do the back. (OK, sure, maybe)
- I didn't realize I had to do the front. (???)
- I did Wednesday's assignment instead of Monday's. (Sigh.)
The list goes on and on.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home