The Colorblind Leading the Blind
I've had a little problem lately with swipers swiping my printer paper. The ladies like to doodle during the read aloud after lunch which is fine, but I've told them they need to provide their own sketchpads or paper so as not to waste the school's on this "non-academic activity."
To prevent them from using up my paper, I hid it in a drawer. This caused them to start stealing the paper out of the printer itself. Not only was this cunning, it was also stupid, because a) I saw them do it and 2) they never fully shut the paper drawer. Thus, every time I went to print it wouldn't. PC load letter.
Such was the case the other day. Mind you my printer is on the other side of the room from my actual computer so it takes a day and a half to retrieve anything printed. I attempted several times to print a document and nothing happened. Instead of taking the mecca to the other side of the room, I simply asked the student closest to the printer, "Are there any yellow lights on? Or are they all green?" He replies, "All green, " so I attempt to print again. Nothing. Again I ask the same child, "Are you sure there are no yellow lights?" He says yet again, "Nope. All green."
It is then that another student looks up and asks my "helper", "Hey, aren't you colorblind?"
Indeed. So very helpful.
Drawer shut. 87 copies of said document.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home