Once a 3rd Grader...
This has absolutely nothing to do with school, but I couldn't help sharing. Yesterday I was at Jazzercise and I had a teacher-3rd grader moment. I had left the house extra early for fear that I would have trouble with the roads due to the snow. Turns out I had no trouble and was at class early. Lucky for me or I would not have had this special moment: I was claiming my spot beneath the fan, just hanging out, people-watching. This girl about my age was putting on her shoes, or trying to anyway. I was watching her because she seemed to be struggling. After a few minutes she started talking to herself so I began to investigate further. As I looked closer, I noticed that she was trying to put two right shoes on her feet. She tried several different ways to make this happen. She would put the right one on the right foot, then try and shove her left foot in the other right-footed shoe, then give a befuddled look. (This whole situation seems a bit 3rd grader-esque) Then she'd take them both off, try it the other way, and sigh. And then she'd take them both off and hold them up next to each other. Now, mind you it was several minutes ago that I had noticed she had two of the same shoe, but I was just going to let her struggle and see how long this would play out. After all, I had 7 more minutes to kill. Finally, after she said, "What is going on?", I felt bad. I said, "I think you have two right shoes," as calmly as I could without adding, "you idiot" to the end of my statement. She then of course defended the mistake by saying that she had two pairs of the same shoe and must have grabbed two of the same. Well, yeah, but that doesn't defend the past five minutes, now does it? Granted, she was a blonde, but I do like to stick up for my species every once in a while. I would like to think I would have realized this same mistake after, I don't know, the first attempt. Needless to say, karma kicked in and I couldn't find my phone after class. Turns out it had been hanging out in a snow drift in the parking lot for an hour. I guess someone was much nicer than me today and turned it in. I'll do better today.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home